Alfonso Corradi (Castelnuovo di Sotto 1889-Milan 1972), fluvial landscape, oil on canvas, measures 120×80 cm.
An ornate student at the evening courses of the Milanese Academy of Brera (1905-1906), he was for some years assistant in the study of the set designer Antonio Rovescalli (1905-1912). Subsequently, the most substantial part of his pictorial work is addressed to the representation of the Lombard landscape, with a preference for lake and river landscapes, accompanied by some evidence in the fields of still life and the Milanese urban view. Since 1919 he has been a regular participant in the Permanent Social exhibitions and the Milan regional trade unions, obtaining important awards such as the Sallustio Fornara award in 1928 (Il Lambro, Milan Modern Art Gallery) and the purchase of his paintings by the Society for the Fine Arts, the Municipality and the Province of Milan. Present in 1926 at the Turin Promotrice and in 1931 at the first Roman Quadriennale, it was proposed in 1941 and 1958 in two significant Milanese personal exhibitions at the Ranzini and Bolzani galleries.